Commute Management Training -- a seminar for HR directors and employee transportation coordinators to offer their employees.
Boosting Employee Punctuality, Morale, Retention and Productivity via COMMUTE MANAGEMENT
A 90 minute, in-house training seminar for employees
Presented by David Rizzo, "Dr. Roadmap"
What does it cost you to replace an employee who quits because of a demanding drive to work?
Studies undertaken at the University of California, Irvine, document the fact that a grueling commute can adversely affect employee morale, absenteeism, productivity and ultimately retention.
Education is the key to solving employee commuting problems that affect your organization. When your employees arrive to work on-time and less stressed, you reap the rewards. The Commute Management class incorporates useful exercises that offer several benefits.
* Learning how to save time during the morning commute: Identifying windows of opportunity, determining when to take surface streets vs. the freeway, and maximizing the use of traffic reports helps employees arrive on time.
* Reducing commuting stress: Employees learn the causes of driving stress and how to mitigate them so workers begin the workday in a more prepared state of mind and body.
* Discovering secret shortcuts: Universal pointers to find alternate routes to get around So Cal choke points also helps improve punctuality.
* Capitalizing on the ridesharing advantage: The many merits of carpooling and transit are presented as a win-win option -- helping employees save time and money, while improving compliance with company-sponsored ridesharing programs.
* Harnessing technology to speed the way: An examination of in-car navigation tools to decrease on-the-job Web surfing for traffic info.
* Keeping out of traffic trouble: Teaches how to lower the risk of receiving a ticket to help lower the use of PTO for court appearances.
* Understanding freeway nomenclature: Clearly defines So Cal highway names, locations and terminology like Sigalert, acting as an incentive to draw sought-after employees from out-of-town. ---------------------------------
Commute Management also helps improve the drive home, so the class can be presented as an employee benefit. Individual employee counseling available upon request
This multi-media presentation weaves wit and humor into an informative, fast-moving seminar.
To schedule a COMMUTE MANAGEMENT training seminar for your organization, contact:
Previous Commute Management sessions by David Rizzo:
* L.A. Medical Group Management Assoc. seminar * City of Commerce, Chamber of Commerce * Penske Honda, monthly sales meeting * Institute of Transportation Engineers, national symposium * California State University, Transportation Demand Management Program * Hospice Care of California, In-service staff meeting
* California School of Driving, weekly meeting
COMMUTE MANAGEMENT is a trademark of David Rizzo DOCTOR ROADMAP is a trademark of David Rizzo since 1987